Bourbon, Pecan and Chocolate are a great combination of flavor. This cookie is melt at mouth. Just can’t stop eating the cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once the butter is melted continue cooking, swirling the pan constantly until the butter has reached a deep amber color. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together browned butter and sugar, mixing until combined.
- Add in egg, yolk, bourbon, baking soda and salt mixing on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour until just combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
(Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky)