Soft and chewy, Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies take a classic chocolate chip cookie and add a bit of summer with a fresh cherry addition.
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (may be substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quartered, pitted fresh cherries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add oil, butter and sugar. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract and mix until combined. With a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Gently, stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Turn mixer off and with a spatula, fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- With a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheets.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
(Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar)